Dear Meal-sized Potato,
I cooked you for 30 minutes in tin foil, in the over with fork holes poked all over you and yet you insist on not fully baking. I put you in for another 30 minutes and you are still not done. I had to resort to technology (microwave cooking) to keep from starving to death. Good thing I had cheese to smother you in....
Sincerely,
Not-a-chef Mona
So....if you've been around me in the last year or so, you would know that I'm pretty notorious for speaking random "Dear so-and-so" letters out loud. I think this might be a new good way for helping me blog and get my thoughts out there a little more so that you all can follow me a bit better on my adventures in Texas. Yes, that's right, Texas. My mom and I set out on our adventure road trip January 17th and missed all the nasty weather that blew through WA/OR/ID/Nor. Cal./etc. Got to spend a day at Disneyland, see family I haven't seen in a super long time and actually made it to work on time Monday morning in Texas (23rd Jan). I'm now working at Mercy Ships American base in Lindale, TX. My friend Becca came to visit me/us from Arizona for a few nights and we had a blast reminiscing and walking through a bit of delayed culture shock together. There are a few from the ship doing a pre-long term program here, so it's been good to hang out with them too and everyone else that has randomly popped in and met up with us and let us crash at your house etc etc. Last weekend included a rodeo, learning how to two-step until 1:30am at Billy Bob's, helping make breakfast, having a one-handed egg cracking contest, a tour of the Water Gardens & the stockyards in Fort Worth, Texan bar-b-que, Mexican food, amazing church service and lots of laughs. Suffering from a bit of Sinusitis again, but I don't think it will end up like the last time...haha. Drinking a ton of tea and remembering my Dad at night by drinking Thera-flu so I can sleep. I look forward to writing more dear so-and-so messages and hear your feedback.
Sincerely,
Mona
And YES the oven was on. 325 degrees to be exact.
ReplyDelete