10 April 2011

Update

Day 1:  Back to WA from AfricaWell, a request was made for an update, so here goes:  Friday night was interesting.  Mom & I slept in dad's hospital room then I went for a walk on "The Ave" (It's a University of WA thing) to go get coffee (caffinated) & scones.  Didn't get lost on the way back, that was a big deal for me b/c some of you may or may not know how directionally challenged I can be sometimes.  Got back to the hospital and some family came for a visit, which was SO nice to see them!  Went to a walk around the hospital and randomly ran into Brian so we went back up to the room and family had left and mom & dad we trying to nap.  We exploring on the UW campus a little, through the library and ate some lunch then headed back toward the hospital.  Then we learned that we had to wear new costumes to be able to visit Dad b/c the flu type "A" that he has may contain H1N1 so we now have to wear "knome" outfits when in his room.  We had a good laugh at eachother while suiting up, what else can you do really?  I ended up coming back to Lynden with Brian to sleep in my own bed, which was glorious and slept from 9pm to 7am with only one interruption!  Went to visit bro, mel & the girls after breakfast then went to church.  Mom called to say that Dad is doing better today than yesterday & gave me permission to stay home another night if I wanted.  Matt went and picked up Cleo (our Beagle dog) and brought her home to be with me.  Thanks to all those who took care of her this last week!  I know she's not the easiet dog ever....  :-)  Making myself not take a nap today so my body can get back to this time zone...lunch still felt a little like dinner and right about not feels like midnight.  So I'm still about 7 hours off...hmm.  My cousin Levi is going to stay at our house and hang with Cleo while we are away, what a blessing!  Hopefully she doesn't drive him too crazy!  I'll head back down to Seattle around lunch-time tomorrow hoping traffic will be better around then.  Much prayer still needed.  His last round of chemo was today.  More details will come as we get more answers.  You can also keep up with us at our new family blog site at:  CaringBridge / marklangstraat / Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.